Retail, VAT exempt and Trade customers
UK Retail Customers
- Standard UK retail orders are sent free of charge through the Articles of the Blind scheme. If undelivered after 14 days please check with your local Royal Mail sorting office before contacting us.
- Items ordered before 2pm are shipped same day, after 2pm are shipped next working day.
- Tracked orders are available, at a cost of £9.99 delivered in 2-5 working days.
- For orders over 7kg in weight please contact Vision Enhancers for the delivery cost. Please email support email@example.com
- Overseas orders will be sent tracked, at a cost of £9.99, please allow for 5 - 14 working days depending on destination
- Orders made before 2pm GMT will be processed same day, otherwise next working day.
This section only applies to UK customers. Whether you are eligible for VAT exemption will be determined by the regulations from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
HMRC states that “Customers with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon their ability to carry out everyday activities” will be eligible for zero-rated VAT providing that the goods are for their personal or domestic use and the goods and services are eligible to be supplied at the zero rate. Low vision aids are included in the outline given under:
- Spectacle mounted low vision aids which are custom made to the prescription of a qualified optician where the prescription identifies the appliance as a low vision aid
- Other low vision aids including technical aids for reading and writing, which are designed exclusively for visually impaired people, for example, closed circuit video magnification equipment capable of magnifying text and images.
Please complete the VAT Relief form and return by post or email if you are eligible for zero-rated VAT. If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive goods or services zero-rated for VAT you should consult Notice 701/7 VAT reliefs for disabled people available from HMRC or contact their National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000 before signing the declaration.